“It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” —Nelson Mandela
I am most proud of the people I’ve had the privilege of leading & mentoring. People are everything! You can have great tools and product, but without great people a company cannot reach full potential. It’s so fulfilling to develop leaders, see their talents shine, and watch them grow. To me, it’s such an integral part of being a leader to foster a personal journey that explores values alignment, communication strategies, and sustainment. I like to steer a customer-centric approach across the organization, influencing, mentoring and developing customer focused skills & approaches throughout the company.
I have over 20 years of global HR experience that encompasses all aspects of recruiting, labor law, compliance, employee relations, training, and more. Very versed in working with HR tools such as SAP, Workday, Greenhouse, and ADP. Versed in labor law & compliance in all regions [EMEA, APAC, LATAM, NA].
Leaders are on a never-ending quest for improvement, for innovation, for excellence. I love to develop inquisitive teams that can incorporate data, trends, and feedback for decision making. But it’s also part of the heart of a team to ensure teams have empathy & the skills to build deep trust within teams and with customers. I nurture all to recognize & celebrate achievements, and to foster that sense of recognition and appreciation within their teams.
Leadership is about taking actions to create sustained, positive transformations. I look to cultivate committed employees who strive to lead. It’s not only key to build a bench for your business – it’s a vital part of building engaged team members who feel invested in the company’s success & future.
I have proven people leadership experience, and demonstrated ability to motivate & develop a high-performing team. I embrace change – change is an exciting part of business. I inspire and lead my teams to welcome change, instead of fear it. I enable teams to have confidence, patience, and tact when dealing with difficult situations. They are there to continue the story for the customer, and for the brand.
I think bringing mindfulness to life is key in all initiatives. Getting buy in & alignment from teams on a vision, on a strategy, is a very fulfilling and exciting part of being a leader. I always seek for my teams to champion the customer, and challenge the status quo in order to develop new initiatives and shape business thinking. Some of the initiatives I’ve developed for my people over the years to develop leaders include:
- Job Shadow Program
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Tech Lab for Discovery & Play, with crowdsourced Lab “Techs” to teach classes
- Created Career & Job Paths
- Curriculum Building
- Coaching thru Difficult Conversations
- Introduction to Finance & Budgeting classes
- Developing Problem Solving Teams: classes ,team events (Escape Rooms, Scavenger Hunts, Hack Days), to fun competitions that develop creative problem solving and team dynamic.
- Soft Skills: workshops, articles, training, and videos (feedback, coaching, conflicting personalities, etc.)
- Creating Visions for Recruitment
- Interviewing Success & How to Select the Right Skill & Culture Fit
- How to Create Mindful Team Building Events
- Global Marketplace: Global teams present & document topics or best practices on local markets, customer trends, and expectations on customer service
- Developing Continuing Education Right for Your Team
- Knowledge Virtual Scavenger Hunts
- Escalation Simulation Training
- Sandboxes for Business Analysis & Data Tool Use
- Creative Writing Classes
- Improv Activities & Visiting Improv Actors – to provide training for support teams to have confident abilities to be mindful, spontaneous & authentic
- The Art of StorytellingSpeakers
- Storytelling Workshops
- Partner Satisfaction Survey Program
- Special Assignments
- Netflix: Mentored 11 service representatives up to Supervisory positions, and 5 to Management positions.
- The Walt Disney Company: I spearheaded a program in conjunction with HR to create a Job Path Matrix, including horizontal & vertical career paths that crossed departments. Results: Successful role out of program and job descriptions led to 17 promotions within my Guest Experience team, including 2 leaders to Product Managers, and 1 team member promoted to QA Department.