I believe you need great people to have a great company. I believe in nurturing team members that are deeply committed to each other’s personal growth and success. I love to invest in individual & team development, and nurture a warm environment of shared goals, rich experiences, and opportunities. People need training and support throughout their careers, both as individuals and as teams, to develop their skills and continue to work effectively. I ensure that my leaders can identify learning & knowledge gaps to quickly build content, gain consensus, and deliver programs to address deficiencies and promote greater effectiveness.
As a leader, you’re in a key position to know how your team works, to identify what training they need to perform better, and to work closely to deliver the right training at the right time. It’s important to ensure that your organization has “evergreen” content, as well as creating new advanced technical courses, updating existing courses, and delivering courses. I think it’s key to have a holistic learning & development system – one that includes smart tools, training “sandboxes”, automation, process flows, documentation – while building skills that can continue to benefit individuals as they move on to other roles. This leads to succession planning, to ensure your team can pass on experience & knowledge well before a transition. It’s key to focus on incorporating company culture & values as a foundation of all learning concepts.
I’m a geek about technology and the customer experience. It’s a challenge to keep teams focused on exceeding customer expectations while driving results. Environments are rapidly changing, along with a constant flow of information. This is where education & training can make a huge impact – ensuring that your teams feel “ in the loop” so that they embrace change and create a positive environment. I have designed creative learner-centered training programs and materials in multiple modalities including synchronous remote learning to blend classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, device learning labs, job aides, facilitator guides and resource materials. It’s an oft forgotten piece of training & development, but I truly believe that you need to measure the impact of training programs by establishing and monitoring metrics through the creation of effective evaluation.
- At Gusto: Sponsored career and education programs that increased team satisfaction 5% quarter over quarter.
- At The Walt Disney Company:I built a training & development team that developed a holistic system that could train & engage a team spread across 5 continents and included work-from-home and outsourced team members.
- Result: foundational training for both new hire and existing team members for not only guest experience topics, but experiences for storytelling, technical troubleshooting, creative writing, and business intelligence.
- The team could easily onboard new products in a “plug & play” manner because of the systems & process in place.
- My team was able to smoothly add 500 new products to their suite of supported products – where they provided service & support including: technical support, billing & subscription support, social media engagement, chat moderation, forum content, User Generated Content moderation, communication with big box stores for inventory & return issues, and security escalations.
- Curriculum Building
- Learning Management Systems: Degreed, Absorb, Docebo
- Team Development
- Continuing Education
- Software: ADP, SAP, Workday, Greenhouse, Bamboo, Gusto
- New Hire Curriculum and Assessment
- Brand Training
- Process Flow Mapping
- Succession Planning
- Labor Law
- Workers’ Comp
- Onboarding & Offboarding
- Employee Relations